Storage units have become a convenient part of many people’s lives today. They provide an area for them to store some of their stuff, even important ones. Today, there are storage facilities that offer climate-controlled units and have sparked the interests of many—probably including yourself. But how do you know if you need it? It all boils down to the items you need to store.
Climate-Controlled Storage: What Is It?
Climate-controlled storage facilities are equipped with cooling units that keep the storage units at a steady, constant temperature, which keeps your items from deteriorating should you need to store them for a long time. This is helpful to those who may not be able to store their items in the house for whatever reason.
What Items Should Be Stored in a Climate-Controlled Storage Unit?
Several different types of things need to be stored and are better suited for climate-controlled storage. Here’re a few:
- Electronics: These can be especially susceptible to damage if not stored correctly. Whether in storage for a short amount of time or several months, these electronic items can be damaged if not stored appropriately.
- Paintings and Other Artwork: Paintings can be damaged if they are exposed to high heat. This can lead to cracking or fading. Even if you don’t have paintings or other artwork, you’ll still need to store important items, such as photos and mementos.
- Vinyl: These records or other items made from vinyl can be damaged if exposed to high heat or humidity. This can lead to warping, denting or other damage.
- Fabrics: Fabric items can be damaged if exposed to high heat or humidity for long periods. These can be especially delicate, so storing them in climate-controlled storage is ideal.
- Specialty Items: There are many different kinds of specialty items that need to be stored in order to keep them safe and in good condition. These include sports equipment, costumes, and other items that may have high value to you.
The list of items that can be stored in climate-controlled storage is quite extensive. This is why it’s so important to be informed about this. If you have an item that can be damaged easily in the wrong conditions, consider storing it in climate-controlled storage to ensure your items are safe and secure.
What Are the Other Reasons to Rent a Climate-Controlled Storage Unit?
A climate-controlled storage unit is beneficial for certain items, but it can also be helpful when you don’t need to get something out of storage anytime soon. They also help extend the life of certain items, such as furniture, because they are kept in an ideal environment with constant and stable temperatures.
Additionally, this type of storage is ideal if you will store items through multiple seasons and your location experiences high heat and humidity.
Store Your Items Properly
Climate-controlled storage can come in handy in a variety of situations. It can benefit many, and definitely something to consider if you have items that can be damaged easily.
Are you looking for climate-controlled storage in Birmingham, AL? Space Savers offers state-of-the-art storage facilities that are temperature and humidity controlled to ensure your valuables are protected all year round. We also offer month-to-month leasing. Contact us today.